Today's factories, logistics, large supermarkets, etc. all use forklifts when moving or stacking goods. So what exactly is a forklift? Forklifts are industrial vehicles used to load, unload, stack, and transport palletized goods over short distances and to transport heavy items. Forklift is a kind of loading and unloading machinery that can effectively combine horizontal transportation and vertical lifting. It has comprehensive functions such as loading and unloading, lifting and transportation. It has the advantages of high work efficiency, easy operation and use, and flexible maneuverability. Forklifts not only play a great role, but also The uses are also very wide. In addition, forklifts can also bring many economic benefits to enterprises!
Purpose of forklift
Forklifts are highly standardized and versatile and are widely used in factories, mines, warehouses, stations, ports, airports, freight yards, circulation centers and distribution centers. They can enter ship cabins, carriages and containers to assemble parts, packages and pallets. It is an indispensable equipment for pallet transportation and container transportation for loading, unloading, stacking, depalletizing, and short-distance transportation of containers and other containers.
The main working attachment of a forklift is the cargo fork. After being replaced with other working attachments, it can also be used to load and unload bulk goods, non-packaged goods, long cargo, etc., as well as carry them over short distances. Forklifts have a wide range of uses. They are not only widely used in road transportation, railway transportation, and water transportation sectors, but are also used in material storage and transportation, postal services, and military sectors.
Forklifts play a very important role in an enterprise's logistics system and are the main force in material handling equipment. It is widely used in various sectors of the national economy such as stations, ports, airports, factories, warehouses, etc. During World War II, forklifts were developed. China began manufacturing forklifts in the early 1950s. Especially with the rapid development of China's economy, most enterprises' material handling has moved away from the original manual handling and has been replaced by mechanized handling based on forklifts. Therefore, for a long time in the past, the demand in China's forklift market has been growing at a double-digit rate every year.
Benefits that forklifts can bring to enterprises
1. Improve the efficiency of material operations, reduce personnel labor intensity, and improve working conditions; save labor and improve labor productivity. According to foreign economic benefit analysis of the use of forklifts. A forklift can replace the manual labor of 8 to 15 stevedores. When a forklift is operating, the loading, unloading, stacking, and transportation of goods can be mechanized by relying solely on the driver's operation without the need for auxiliary labor of loading and unloading workers. This not only ensures the safe production of the enterprise, but also greatly reduces the labor force occupied. , the labor intensity is also greatly reduced, thereby greatly improving the operating efficiency and the economic benefits are very significant.
2. Shorten operating time and speed up material turnover, thereby speeding up the utilization of vehicles and ships and improving production efficiency.
3. Make full use of the space. Saves warehouse space. Using forklifts, the goods can be stacked higher, currently more than 10m, and the warehouse volume utilization rate can be increased several times.
4. Use pallets and containers to hold goods to simplify cargo packaging, save packaging costs, reduce loading and unloading costs, and improve operating efficiency and cargo safety.
5. The use of forklift operations can relieve heavy manual labor, reduce cargo damage and personnel injury accidents, and improve operating safety.
6. Forklift operations can reduce cargo damage, improve operating safety, and achieve safe loading and unloading.
7. Compared with large-scale loading and unloading machinery operations, forklift operations have the advantages of low cost and low investment.
Therefore, forklifts should be given priority in logistics loading and unloading operations. Forklifts play a very, very important role in the industrial logistics system. It can be said that if there were no forklifts, express delivery, logistics, warehousing, and factories would even be paralyzed. As labor costs continue to rise, replacing labor with machinery is a historical necessity.